Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I registered my blog with Technorati, and it’s a really good service. However, it does seem to have a few technical problems. Sometimes after I publish a new post, it isn’t recognized by Technorati. Just by playing around with it, I’ve discovered the following workaround. I don’t know why the following workaround works, and I’m sure some of the steps are unnecessary and/or redundant, but I do know that if I perform the following steps, my new post will show up in Technorati:

1. Click on the Update Ping button under Your Blogs. (I shouldn’t have to do this, as Blogger should automatically tell Technorati when I’ve published a new post. Just doing this step and none of the following steps will not fix the problem.)
2. Click the Home link in the upper-left corner of the page.
3. Click on your blog under Your Blogs.
4. Click on edit your profile on the Blog Info tab.
5. Click on Your Blogs under Your Account on the left side of the page.
6. Click on the Configure Blog button.
7. Click on the Save Changes button on the bottom of the page.
8. Click on the Update Ping button.

After performing these steps, my new post shows up. Hopefully, Technorati will resolve its technical issues so I don’t have to perform this workaround. I have notified their technical support, as have many others, I’m sure.

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home