Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I've recently begun tutoring a Syrian woman in English as a Second Language (ESL). Her name is Houda (pronounced WHO-DA), and her English is already quite good. She mentioned that she had some problems getting a re-entry visa to the United States the last time she visited Syria, so for our next lesson we'll discuss this article, which was in the news recently. I found this article using Digg, which I just discovered. I'm really impressed by Digg, and I see myself using it a lot in the future.

Also, I got an e-mail from Mavis Quek, my friend and former classmate at Hawaii Loa College (now part of Hawaii Pacific University). She said she's working on the set of the TV series Smallville, and she pointed me to some pictures of her new nephew. Click here to check them out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home