Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Today I finished the Columbus Marathon in 3:12:42. After five marathons and almost three years of training, I finally qualified for the Boston Marathon. I really shouldn’t be able to do this. I don’t think I have much natural athletic ability at all. This was done with a lot of hard work and smart training with the Premier Sports Marathoner in Training (MIT) group. Also, I learned from my mistakes at the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon in May. I didn’t make the same mistakes again today.

I’d say that today was the pinnacle of my marathon career. I’ll never run a marathon this fast again. I’m not saying this to be modest. I’m saying this because it’s a fact. Everything went right today, and I can’t expect everything to go right in the future. Besides, I’m not sure I want to work quite this hard anymore. I’m looking forward to a couple weeks of being really lazy!

Here are my results:

Place/Tot: 249/3194
Div/Tot: 39/342
Name: Timothy Trowbridge
City: Gahanna
State: OH
Sex/Tot: 232/2050
Age: 35
Time: 3:12:42
Pace: 7:22

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Hey, we're neighbours! Found you off the runnersworld forums, but I see you're from Gahanna as well!

Congrats on qualifying for Boston. It is really something amazing!

-Andrea

5:40 PM  
Blogger Tim Trowbridge said...

Thank you!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home