Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I had a little bit of a lull in writing mathematics problems, but the last couple weeks things have been picking up again. Recently I’ve written labs for high-school algebra students related to piecewise functions, quadratic equations, polynomials, sequences and series, and exponential functions. Also, tomorrow I’ll start working on creating questions related to geometry for a high-school test-prep book. Speaking of mathematics, today is Pi Day. For those of you who have forgotten, pi is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter and is the number 3.14…, so that’s why the date 3/14 was chosen to celebrate it. I don’t have anything special planned, but I did read this article, which was pretty interesting.

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home