Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Today I ran twenty-two miles with the Premier Sports Marathoner in Training (MIT) group. Then I went to LifeTime Fitness and tacked on a few more miles on the treadmill. Phew, am I ever tired! Now it’s time to taper and get my body ready for the Boston Marathon. One might think that after five marathons, things get easier, but they definitely don’t, at least not for me. Each time I train for a marathon, it’s at least equally as hard as the time before.

In fact, I think it gets harder each time, because it’s very easy to think, “I’ve done this five times before, so I don’t have to work as hard to do it again.” But I do have to work as hard, so for me, it’s very challenging mentally not to become complacent. Hopefully I got over that challenge and did the work necessary to finish the race successfully. I guess we’ll find out in just over three weeks.

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home