Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Yesterday I ran twenty-two miles with the Premier Sports Marathoner in Training (MIT) group. My hip felt much better—pretty darn close to one hundred percent. I also ran today, and it felt good, so I’m very encouraged. Even though my hip felt better yesterday, it was still a tough run. I’m not quite in the shape I was in over last summer, but I think I’m still in good enough shape to run a sub-3:30 marathon in Boston if the weather is good and I don’t have any major problems. I can tell that yesterday really was tough, because today I’m sorer than I remember being after a training run in a long time. However, it’s a good kind of sore.

Also, on Friday night I saw the movie The Astronaut Farmer. The movie ends with Elton John’s song Rocket Man, and I couldn’t get that song out of my head for the whole twenty-two miles on Saturday morning. I guess there are worse songs to get stuck in your head, though. In addition, I picked up the book Bait and Switch by Barbara Ehrenreich from the bargain rack at Barnes & Noble.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home