Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Friday, June 08, 2007

I’m now working on writing the solutions manual for a high-school mathematics textbook. The chapter I’m working on is Sinusoidal Functions. Writing the solutions manual involves more than just finding the answers—I also have to document the steps required to solve the problems. I still prefer actually writing the problems, but this is the work that is available right now, so I’m glad to have it.

Also, every week participants in the Premier Sport Marathoner in Training (MIT) group get an e-mail from the coaches. Usually, I just skim over them, but this week something caught my attention. One of the coaches talked about how the point of running a marathon isn’t really the marathon itself, but the process of training for it. He ended with this quote from Henry David Thoreau, which I really liked: “Some men will spend their whole lives fishing before understanding that it's not really the fish they are after.”

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home