Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

Over the weekend I saw Michael Moore’s film Sicko. I realize that Michael Moore is a very controversial figure. Some of the criticisms of the film that I’ve heard are that some of his facts are wrong, some of the scenes in the film appear to be staged, and that Michael Moore is being hypocritical making a film about the health-care industry when it appears that he may not take care of himself as well as he should. While some or all of these things may be true, I think it’s still undeniable that there’s something very wrong with parts of the health-care system in the USA and that it’s one of the country’s major social issues.

In addition to seeing Sicko this weekend, I also went to a Sunday jazz concert in Goodale Park, and I started reading the novel Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris.

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home