Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Friday, July 20, 2007

Well, I’ve decided not to run a fall marathon. If you’ve been reading this blog a while, you know that in the two months leading up to this year’s Boston Marathon, my hip was really bothering me. On the day of the Boston Marathon, it felt completely fine, and I thought I had the problem licked, but shortly after Boston, it started acting up again. Rather than run in pain for the next three months, I’m just going to take myself off of a marathon training schedule and following the rule, “If it hurts, don’t do it.” Hopefully, the time away from marathon training will do my body good.

Two years ago I had a stress fracture and had to cancel my fall marathon plans, and I ended up coming back stronger than ever, so hopefully I can do the same again this time. My hope is to come back healthy and to train over the winter for the 2008 Boston Marathon. I’d love to go back to Boston if the situation permits. Also, if in a month or so it seems that I have the problem taken care of, it’s possible that I would train for and run the Columbus Half Marathon in October. I don’t think it would take me very long to get in shape for a half-marathon—two months is plenty of time.

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home