Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Last night there was a TV program on PBS called Nova Marathon Challenge. A lot of people are commenting about it on the online message boards, and I just watched it online. Click here to access it. The premise of the show is the following: “Can a group of sedentary non-athletes be transformed in nine months into a team that can complete the Boston Marathon?” The reaction to the show on the online message boards has been very mixed, but the people who visit the online message boards are almost always marathon runners themselves. I suspect that people who aren’t very familiar with marathoning might find the show interesting.

I thought is was OK, but I didn’t think the monotone voice of the narrator really conveyed how uplifting the marathon experience can be. I hope that the movie Spirit of the Marathon (which should be coming out on DVD soon) is a little more inspirational. Just from its title, I expect that it will be.

Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home