Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Yesterday I had to buy a new (used) car, and it was a very interesting experience. I was at a used-car dealership, and I told the salesman my price range. The salesperson then showed me a group of cars that were in my price range. I then chose the one I liked. The salesperson then talked to his boss and told me that the car I chose was not, in fact, in my price range. We then looked again at the cars that were in my price range. I then chose another one that I liked. The salesperson and I then agreed on a price. We then filled out some paperwork, and the salesperson went to talk to his boss.

He then came back and said that he could sell me the car for about $500 more than the price we just agreed upon. I said, “Um, no, that’s not the price we just agreed upon.” The salesperson then went back to his boss, and when he came back to me, he said he could sell me the car for about $300 more than the price we just agreed up. I said, “Um, no, that’s not the price we just agreed upon.” The salesperson then went back to his boss, and when he came back to me, he said he could sell me the car for the price we just agreed upon, but he’d need me to let people know what a great place this used-car dealership was. I agreed, and I got the car within my price range. I think I wore him down.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home