Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Last night I saw the animated film Persepolis at the Drexel. Click here to see a good review in Newsweek magazine. Admittedly, I probably don’t see nearly as many movies as most people, but this is the only movie I can ever remember seeing that gives a realistic depiction of reverse culture shock. For that reason alone it’s worth seeing, but it’s also a good contemporary history lesson, and at times, it’s very, very funny. The film is based on an autobiographical graphic novel (i.e. comic book) by an Iranian woman named Marjane Satrapi who lives in Paris. Apparently, the graphic novel was quite popular. If Persepolis is playing wherever you’re located, I’d definitely recommend seeing it.

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Hello there!

Im a former graduate of Hawaii Loa College Class of 1990. Been trying to contact Mavis Quek's elder brother Alvin. Any idea how I can contact him?

BTW nice interesting blog you have. See ya!

Milhous Justin

8:36 AM  
Blogger Tim Trowbridge said...

Hello,
Please e-mail me directly at timtrowbridge@hotmail.com. I have a couple of e-mail addresses for Mavis that I can give you.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home