Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Monday, May 12, 2008

I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to do in the future as far as marathoning goes. First of all, I realize that nothing is ever going to top the Boston Marathon for me. Also, I hope that I haven’t run my last Boston Marathon, even thought I don’t have any plans to try to re-qualify this year. With that said, I was thinking about trying to get into a large international marathon in a place where I have a little history. The marathon I’m thinking of is the Tokyo Marathon.

They have a lottery system, and from what I’ve read, they had over 100,000 applicants last year, of which they only accepted about 20,000. Therefore, my chances of getting in may not be very good, but I’m going to apply anyway. I believe that the application process starts sometime in June, and I won’t know until October whether or not I got in. The race itself is in March. Hopefully I’ll get lucky – if so, it will likely be a much different experience than my previous marathons.

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home