Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

I finished the chapter I was writing on exponential and absolute value functions, and now I’m working on a chapter involving quadratic functions. Topics include converting between standard and vertex form, graphing transformations of quadratic functions, characteristics of quadratic functions, solving simple quadratic equations graphically, exploring arithmetic series, and exploring sequences of partial sums of arithmetic series. It might sound like the last two topics don’t fit in with the rest, but if graphed, the partial sums of an arithmetic series form a parabola, which is the graph of a quadratic function.

Also, I just finished the book The Runner by David Samuels. I might not have time to read many more books in the near future, though, because I just got a part-time job tutoring students on the ACT, which will keep me very busy.

Tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mama said...

hi!!!! long time no see!!!! want to go get a marshmallow malt?

:)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home