Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I recently saw the film Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. I tried hard to like this movie, but I couldn’t identify with Hunter Thompson at all. Apparently this guy had (and still has, even after his death) a very large following, but I really can’t understand why. The only thing I found remotely interesting in the film was the coverage of the 1972 presidential election, especially given what’s going on in the USA right now.

Also, today I applied to run the Tokyo Marathon. The marathon has a lottery system, and the automated e-mail that I got back after applying said that applicants will be notified of the lottery results in mid-November. I had thought we’d find out in October, but I guess I’ll have to wait an extra month. Hopefully, I’ll get lucky.

Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home