Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Friday, July 04, 2008

Well, I finally upgraded to Microsoft Word 2002. Previously I was using Microsoft Word 97, and it was doing everything I needed it to do, so there really wasn’t any need to upgrade. However, last weekend, I encountered a bug that caused Word 97 to crash when trying to save a document after adding a matrix. I actually lost some work (thankfully not very much), but it was painful enough that I immediately went to eBay and purchased Word 2002 as part of Microsoft Works Suite 2003. (Don’t ask me why they put Word 2002 in Works Suite 2003.) Anyway, it wasn’t very expensive, and now that I’ve upgraded, hopefully I’ll never lose any work like that again. Since I upgraded to Word 2002 in 2008, I estimate that my next upgrade will be to Word 2007 in 2013.

Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home