Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

I just finished writing a chapter on data analysis (i.e. statistics). Topics included collecting samples from two different populations, calculating means and standard deviations of sets of data, using means and standard deviations to compare data sets, comparing means and standard deviations of random samples with corresponding population parameters, and comparing sample means with each other and with population distribution. This was the first time I wrote about many of these topics, so this chapter was a bit more challenging than the previous chapters. I did take a statistics course at Hawaii Loa College, but that was a while ago, so I had to refresh my memory.

Tags: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry Plum said...

Hey Tim, long time no chat...
Check out the company I work for: http://www.tableausoftware.com

Talk about data analysis...

Drop me a line sometime.

Barry

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home