Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2008

On Thanksgiving I went to Iowa and ran the local Turkey Trot. It was a 7.5-mile race, and I finished in less than fifty-two minutes. That comes out to a pace of less than seven minutes per mile. There were many steep hills included in the course, and according to the local newspaper, the Telegraph Herald, it’s one of the toughest Turkey Trots in the United States. Unfortunately, I don’t believe the full results have been posted anywhere, but I heard a person who finished close to me say that he had a top-twenty finish, so I must have had a top-twenty finish as well. That’s pretty good, considering that there were a total of 1,235 runners present (although some people ran only 2.5 miles). Anyway, I was happy with how I ran, and it seems that I’m currently in pretty good shape.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home