Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Monday, November 03, 2008

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I went to a political rally. It was sunny and warm, and according to the Columbus Dispatch, there were approximately 60,000 people present. I arrived at about 11:30 AM, and I had to get in a line that extended for several blocks. The rally was at the Statehouse, and I had to spend over an hour waiting in line before I finally made it there. As the line slowly progressed, there were people along the way selling t-shirts, buttons, hats, and other memorabilia. The candidate’s speech lasted only about thirty-six minutes, and it was the standard stump speech that he’s given many times. Still, even though the speech was nothing special, the experience was worth it, especially given the fact that it was only two days before the election.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home