Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The entire island of Oahu was without power for about eleven hours on Friday night and Saturday morning. The island where I used to live is sure getting a lot of media attention these days, and it’s definitely got me feeling a little bit nostalgic. Every time I hear the name of a place that I recognize or the mention of something like shave ice, it brings back good memories. It sure was a great place to go to college. Right now the attention is focused on a little town called Kailua, which is just a stone’s throw away from the town of Kaneohe, where the Hawaii Loa campus of Hawaii Pacific University (formerly Hawaii Loa College) is located. I’ve found myself going to the website of the Honolulu Star Bulletin so much lately that I’ve added it to my favorites. The media attention will surely continue off and on for at least the next four years.

Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home