Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Recently I saw the movie Slumdog Millionaire. It was very good. Also, click here to read my favorite news article about yesterday’s events. After reading the article, you may be wondering what the shaka sign is. This is from Wikipedia:
The "shaka" sign is a common greeting gesture. It is often associated with Hawaii and sports such as surfing, kitesurfing, skateboarding, skimboarding, snowboarding and skydiving. It consists of extending the thumb and smallest finger while keeping the three middle fingers curled, and raising the hand as in salutation with the back of the hand facing the person that is being greeted; sometimes the hand is rotated back and forth to emphasize the sign. Hawaiian locals use the shaka for various meanings, like "all right", "cool", "smooth", etc.

I got a big smile on my face when I read that news article.

Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home