Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Monday, February 02, 2009

Yesterday I finished the Mardi Gras Half Marathon in 1:32:59, which is a pace of about 7 minutes and 6 seconds per mile. That’s a pretty fast pace for me, so I’m happy with the results. This was only the second half marathon that I’ve ever run, and I like the distance. A full marathon really beats up your body, and you can’t run for days or even weeks afterwards, but after running the half marathon yesterday, I’m not even sore today. In fact, I plan to run later tonight. At the same time, unlike a 5K or a 10K, you can’t run a half-marathon without putting in some training. When my marathon days are done, I’ll probably retire to half marathons. In the meantime, I have the Tokyo Marathon to train for in March.

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home