Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

Here is an e-mail I just sent to the Boston Marathon:

From: timtrowbridge@hotmail.com
To: info@baa.org
Subject: Tokyo Marathon
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:17:24 +0000

Hello,
I'm a 38-year-old male, and my Boston Marathon qualifying time is 3:15. A few weeks ago, I ran the 2009 Tokyo Marathon (http://www.tokyo42195.org/). It was a great experience. On the Tokyo Marathon's website, they immediately posted the unofficial gun times. (It definitely appears the time to the start line has not been taken out, as the marathon began at precisely 9:10 AM.) Here is my unofficial gun time:

http://p.tokyo42195.org/numberfile/23984.html

At the finish, my watch said 3:15, so I believe I qualified for the 2010 Boston Marathon. I've been waiting patiently for them to post the official chip times, but so far they haven't done it. Just out of curiosity, I went back and looked at the websites for the previous two Tokyo Marathons. (This was only the third Tokyo Marathon, and they have separate websites for each one.) To my surprise, it appears that the official chip times were never posted for these marathons.

I'm a little confused as to what to do. There doesn't even appear to be any contact information on the 2009 Tokyo Marathon's website, and nobody seems to know if/when we can access our official chip times. Do you have any advice on what to do, or are you able to contact the Tokyo Marathon directly to find out about official chip times?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Tim Trowbridge

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home