Tim Trowbridge's Blog

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Yesterday I finished the Capital City Half Marathon in 1:31:51. That’s a pace of 7:01 per mile. We had perfect weather, and I really enjoyed the course, since there were some big downhills near the end. That was only the third half marathon I’ve ever run. The last one was the Mardi Gras Half Marathon in New Orleans on February 1st of this year, and my time there was 1:32:59. That had been my best time in the half marathon, so I beat my previous best time by over one minute. The half marathon is a very different kind of race than the marathon. It’s more about speed, and less about endurance. Since I don’t have much natural speed, I think I prefer the marathon over the half marathon. Still, I had a lot of fun yesterday.

Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home